|Position Title:||Customer Care Specialist|
|Reports to:||Team Lead, Customer Care|
GIRL SCOUT MISSION: Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Do something you believe in!
Imagine having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment
experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to do
socially responsible work. What type of organization would you choose?
Would it be a health advocacy organization? A youth service
organization? A prevention, education and training organization? Girl
Scouts of the Green and White Mountains is all this and more.
Our Council's vision encompasses developing self-esteem, encouraging personal growth, recognizing and addressing gender bias, appreciating diversity, fostering shared values, and developing and using resources effectively.
The Customer Care Specialist serves as the first point of contact for inquiries via phone, email, or other written communications. The Customer Care Specialist is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to all members and customers, both external and internal.
- Creates a welcoming atmosphere when answering incoming calls and requests; engages in problem-solving and provides solutions; manages and responds appropriately to all inquiries including email, phone, and other written communication utilizing the GSGWM case management database.
- Responds to all inquiries in an appropriate, prompt, and efficient manner; working to provide a positive customer experience; clarifies information, researches issues, locates, and delivers findings; updates case management database with new information as necessary.
- Partners with Tier-2 experts to complete customer inquiries that require elevation; elevate inquiries as necessary to the proper queues.
- Coaches and anticipates volunteer needs and provides value added information.
- Utilizes the Council’s member relationship management systems to manage, support, and track interactions with volunteers by entering information timely and accurately.
- Proactively secures solutions/responses for the council’s case management database.
- Provides administrative support as needed to include filing, data entry [i.e. program support, data clearing queries], equipment check out, and front desk staffing.
- Prepares a variety of status reports including activity, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Works with cross-functional teams to develop innovative techniques to ensure ongoing support for council strategic plans and goals.
- Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
- Promotes and assists with Council wide programs, activities, public relations and fund development endeavors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate Degree with 1 year customer service experience or a High School degree or GED with a minimum of 3 years customer service call center experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience; knowledge and application of effective customer service principles.
- Able to sit upright and view computer screen for several hours at a time.
- Excellent technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and customer relationship management systems or other data tracking systems.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Believes in and
supports the mission of the Girl Scouts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Customer Service skills
- Active Listening
- Interpersonal Relationship Building
- Oral and Written Communication
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Goal Driven
- Computer skills
- Traditional and occasional non-traditional work hours
- Office work environment
- Works independently and as part of a cross functional team
- Some travel may be required
- Customer relationship management system
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability