Position Title: Customer Care and Retail Specialist
Reports to: Team Lead, Customer Care
GIRL SCOUT MISSION: Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
The Customer Care and Retail Specialist serves as the first point of contact for inquiries via phone, email, in-store customers, or other written communications. She or he is responsible for providing the highest-level of customer service to all members and customers and must have extensive Girl Scout knowledge coupled with a strong understanding of how the council operates. The Customer Care and Retail Specialist will spend their time between both Customer Care and Retail departments based on business needs.
- Provide exemplary customer service in person and on the phone to customers and volunteers.
- Creates a welcoming atmosphere whether in-person or the phone; engages in problem-solving and provides solutions; manages and responds appropriately to all inquiries including email, phone, and other written communication utilizing the GSGWM case management data base and other store resources as needed.
- Responds to all inquiries in an appropriate, prompt, and efficient manner; working to provide a positive customer experience; clarifies information, researches issues, locates, and delivers findings; updates case management data base with new information as necessary.
- Required to utilize and operate all POS and operating systems to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Responsible for receiving shipments, stocking shelves, and other in-store related tasks when time allows.
- Partners with Tier-2 experts to complete customer inquiries that require elevation; elevate inquiries as necessary to the proper queues.
- Coaches and anticipates volunteer needs and provides value added information.
- Utilizes the Council’s member relationship management systems to manage, support, and track interactions with volunteers by entering information timely and accurately.
- Proactively secures solutions/responses for the council’s case management data base.
- Provides administrative support as needed to include filing, data entry [i.e. program support, data clearing queries], equipment check out, and front desk staffing.
- Prepares a variety of status reports including activity, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Works with cross-functional teams to develop innovative techniques to ensure ongoing support for council strategic plans and goals.
- Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
- Promotes and assists with Council wide programs, activities, public relations and fund development endeavors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate Degree with 1 year customer service experience or a High School degree or GED with a minimum of 3 years customer service call center experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience; knowledge and application of effective customer service principles.
- Able to sit upright and view computer screen for several hours at a time.
- Previous experience providing administrative support in an office environment.
- Excellent technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and customer relationship management systems or other data tracking systems.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Believes in and supports the mission of the Girl Scouts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Customer Service skills
- Active Listening
- Interpersonal Relationship Building
- Oral and Written Communication
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Goal Driven
- Computer skills
- Traditional and occasional non-traditional work hours
- Office work environment
- Works independently and as part of a cross functional team
- Some travel may be required
- Customer relationship management system
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite
- POS system /OpSuite software (Laptop based register system)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.