Position Title: Community Engagement Specialist
Department: Mission Delivery
Reports to: Assistant Director, Mission Delivery
GIRL SCOUT MISSION: Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
The Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for successfully culminating recruitment efforts by collecting leads and converting prospective members into registered members for their assigned areas. She/he is responsible for securing increased adult volunteer participation needed to implement Girl Scouting within an assigned area. He or she will work to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouts through a variety of in person meetings, Discover Girl Scouts events, presentations, and networking opportunities with community organizations, corporations, schools, educators, faith-based intuitions, and other community constituents within an assigned geographic area or throughout all regions of the Council as assigned.
- Assists in achieving the council’s corporate goals for girl and adult membership through implementing membership strategies in assigned areas.
- Supports implementation of membership recruiting marketing strategies outlined in the council’s strategic plan, annual business plan and/or other council goals primarily through Discover Girl Scouts (DGS) events, lead generation events, and follow-up phone calls with prospective members.
- Follows up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity in a timely fashion by scheduling DGS events to convert leads to members.
- Works with the Assistant Director to determine and develop innovative techniques to ensure the effective delivery of recruitment strategies.
- Promotes and assists with Council wide programs, activities, public relations, fund development endeavors, reregistration events, and partnership building.
- Collaborates with other departments when necessary to provide proper messaging and appropriate material.
- Ensures Leads are entered into Salesforce.
- Prepares reports as required.
- Works with a cross functional team to develop innovative techniques to ensure ongoing effective delivery of the recruitment strategies.
- Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to all.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in sales, recruiting, marketing or related field.
- Proven sales experience dealing directly with customers preferred.
- Car and valid driver’s license necessary to carry out assignments.
- Belief in and supports the mission of the Girl Scouts.
- Membership in Girl Scouts is strongly encouraged.
- Excellent, effective English language abilities, both oral and written
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-management and Confidence
- Active Listening
- Sales Ambition
- Marketing Knowledge
- Interpersonal Relationship Building
- Sales Skills
- Customer Service
- Detail Oriented
- Goal Driven
- Ability to lift 35lbs
- Full Time (35 hr) position based out of Bedford, NH
- Frequent travel through the Council to accomplish tasks and lead events
- Four evenings a week and sometimes weekend work as the organization needs
- Works independently and as part of a cross functional team
- Able to sit upright and view computer screen for several hours at a time
- General office equipment
- Customer relationship management system
- Microsoft Office Suite
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.