|Position Title:||Accounting Assistant|
|Reports to:||Director of Finance|
GIRL SCOUT MISSION: Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Accounting Assistant supports the Director of Finance in accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit card management, employee expense reimbursements, and product sales collections in accordance with Council finance policies.
- Responsible for daily cash receipts control, cash reconciliation, internal paperwork distribution, and entry into the accounting software system. Included in these responsibilities is the preparation of year-end audit schedules.
- Responsible for accounts payable control, vendor database management, invoice processing, cash disbursements, and entry into the accounting software system. Included in these responsibilities is the preparation of annual Federal form 1099s, and year-end audit schedules.
- Responsible for the Council’s accounts receivable collection of overdue accounts. Included in these responsibility is tracking collection payments, working with debtors and collection agencies, maintaining and distributing the debtor delinquency list for internal management purposes, and preparation of year-end audit schedules.
- Responsible for processing the Council’s employee credit card program, including distribution of monthly statements, verification of supporting documentation, proper Council signature authority, and entry into the accounting software system.
- Responsible for the bi-weekly review and accuracy of employee expense reimbursements for submission to payroll, including verification of supporting documentation and proper Council signature authority.
- Coordinate product sales troop ACH sweep activity with the Finance Director, including preparation of troop bank files from the product sales vendor databases, uploading of customer payments received to the product sale vendor databases, and submitting periodic collection reports. Included in these responsibilities is the preparation of year-end audit schedules.
- Coordinate and control the issuance of Council certificates of insurance to the public.
- Special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of experience working in an accounting environment in a support role
- Customer service and communication skills
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel & Outlook
- Ability to learn and use multiple software applications and databases
- Ability to operate office machines and knowledge of basic office procedures
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel to trainings on occasion
- General knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with the use of multiple communication technologies
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on accuracy
- Proficiency with Excel to include creating and editing spreadsheets and formulas
- Ability to organize time effectively
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment with speed and accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.