|Position Title:||Summer Camp Unit Assistant|
|Reports to:||Outdoor Program Coordinator|
GIRL SCOUT MISSION: Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Unit Assistants are directly responsible for empowering campers to plan and carry out their summer camp activities and programs and ensuring proper supervision of campers under their care. Unit Assistants work under the supervision of a Unit Leader and Core staff at summer camp.
- Ensures that Girl Scout Mission is delivered via daily and weekly summer camp program activities.
- Shares the responsibility for conducting successful Girl-Led and Girl-Planned programming at camp.
- Supports all camp functions including: implementing safety and emergency procedures, caring for the site and property, and engaging in all camp-wide activities.
- Minimum age: 18 years at start of camp
- Previous Leadership and Supervisory experience with both children and adults
- Willingness to accept and exemplify the Girl Scout Promise and Law and become a member of the Girl Scouts of the USA
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to participate in a strenuous, outdoor based, camp program with the campers, while maintaining a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Address needs of individual girls and provide direction and focus when necessary
- Ability to respond calmly and exercise good judgement in a crisis or emergency situation
- Seasonal Summer positions at Day and Resident Camp. Training varies but will take place after June 16.
- Day Camp Kettleford, Bedford, NH, July 8 - August 23, 2019; Mon-Fri; hours vary within 7am-6pm; Wed 7am-8pm.
- Day Camp Seawood, Portsmouth, NH July 8 - August 16, 2019;; Mon-Fri; hours vary within 7am-6pm; Wed 7am-8pm.
- Day Camp Twin Hills, Richmond, VT, July 8 - August 3, 2019; Mon-Fri; hours vary within 7am-6pm; Wed 7am-8pm.
- Resident Camp Farnsworth, Thetford, VT, June 30 -
August 16, 2019;; live and work onsite at resident camp; daily and
weekly time off will vary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.