Position Title: Cookie Cupboard Manager
Department: Product Sales
Reports to: Manager, Product Sales
GIRL SCOUT MISSION: Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
The Cookie Cupboard Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Manager of Product Sales with maintaining an adequate inventory of Girl Scout Cookies both at their designated Cookie Cupboard as well as throughout NH and Vermont. She or he is responsible for keeping current, accurate records of the Cupboard’s transactions and inventory, managing the Cupboard inventory to zero is the goal. This individual will need to provide exceptional customer service to troop leaders and be able to answer questions both verbally and written. This position also will require lifting cases of cookies and helping volunteers to load them into their vehicles.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL:
- Provide exceptional customer service at the cookie cupboard to support the 2018 Cookie Season
- Managing cookie inventory both onsite and within our cookie database (eBudde), including a weekly physical count of cupboard inventory.
- Coordinate and support all logistics of the product sale as directed by the Manager of Product Sales.
- Read and understand the Position Descriptions for Community Product Sales Coordinator and Troop Product Sale Coordinator.
- Be available during hours specified for volunteers, in-person, on the telephone, or using online communication tools to support them and to answer their questions.
- Remain informed about and comply with the current policies, procedures, and guidelines of Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains and Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA).
- Girl focus: Empower girls to lead activities, learn by doing, and cooperate with others on current issues that involve their interests and needs, while having fun.
- Personal integrity: Demonstrate dependability, honesty, and credibility.
- Adaptability: Adjust, modify own behavior, and remain flexible and tolerant in response to changing situations and environments.
- Oral communication: Ability to express themselves clearly and accurately, through both verbal and written communication.
- Foster diversity: Understand, respect, and embrace differences.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and previous inventory database management preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Successfully complete Volunteer Management Process, including application, interview, background check, references.
- Become a registered member of GSUSA.
- Provide information to update application and contact information as changes occur.
- Provide updated information that may affect background screening results.
- Temporary/Part Time
- 25 hours per week
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.