Position Title: Full Time, Membership Growth Specialist
Reports To: Director, Membership
The Membership Growth Specialist (Recruiter) is responsible for successfully implementing recruitment efforts by promoting Girl Scouting through a variety of means including in-person events, virtual programs and phone calls. She/he will work to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouts through a variety of in person and virtual meetings, events, presentations, and networking opportunities with community organizations, corporations, schools, educators, faith-based institutions and other community constituents within all regions of the Council as assigned. She/he will have the opportunity to interact directly with families and girls, introducing them to the benefits Girl Scouting can offer their girls. She/he will build excitement within your community about the power of the Girl Scout Leadership experience. Current opening in Bedford NH and Waterbury/Stowe VT area.
- Assists in achieving the council’s corporate goals for girl and adult membership through implementation of membership strategies in assigned areas.
- Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to all.
- Supports implementation of membership recruiting marketing strategies outlined in the council’s strategic plan, annual business plan and/or other council goals primarily through events, lead generation events, and networking opportunities with community organizations, corporations, schools, educators, faith-based institutions, and other community constituents.
- Works with a cross-functional team to determine and develop innovative techniques to ensure the effective delivery of recruitment strategies.
- Works with a cross functional team to develop innovative techniques to ensure ongoing effective delivery of the recruitment strategies.
- Collaborates with other departments when necessary to provide proper messaging and appropriate material.
- Works collaboratively with local volunteers and partners to ensure success within each community.
- Promotes and assists with Council wide programs, activities and public relations.
- Ensures Leads are entered into Salesforce.
- Prepares reports as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in sales, recruiting, marketing or related field.
- Proven sales experience dealing directly with customers preferred.
- Car and valid driver’s license necessary to carry out assignments.
- Supports and believes in the mission of the Girl Scouts.
- Membership in Girl Scouts is strongly encouraged.
Excellent, effective English language abilities, both oral and written. Spanish language abilities a plus.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Self-management and Confidence
- Active Listening
- Sales Ambition and Skill
- Marketing Knowledge
- Interpersonal Relationship Building
- Detail oriented
- Goal Driven
- Customer Service
- This is a full-time position.
- Frequent travel through the Council to accomplish tasks and lead events.
- Four evenings a week and sometimes weekend work as the organization needs.
- Works independently and as part of a cross functional team.
- Able to sit upright and view a computer screen for several hours at a time.
- Ability to lift 35lbs.
- General office equipment
- Customer relationship management system - Salesforce
- Microsoft Office Suite