|Position Title:||Director of Finance|
|Reports to:||Finance Controller|
GIRL SCOUT MISSION: Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
The Director of Finance is responsible for managing all aspects of GSGWM accounting, finance and general ledger. They will lead all day-to-day finance operations and supervise a team including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, financial reporting, cash management, grant accounting, and budget management. The Director of finance will also serve as the primary liaison to the external auditor. They will ensure that GSGWM has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits.
- Supervise staff and operations if AP/AR and Senior Accountant
- Monitor and manage working capital and facilitate electronic transfer of funds
- Maintain investments accounting for endowments
- Support the CEO in engaging the board’s audit and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery
- Maintain accounting records for fixed assets, capital projects, depreciation and amortization.
- Establish strong internal controls to safeguard financial assets.
- Oversee tax administration and compliance, including payroll tax returns
- Overnight of restricted funds and ensures timely/accurate income projections
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Assist with annual operating budget planning w/ senior staff
- Make budget recommendations where applicable
- Work with CEO to develop council wide budget for BOD approval
- Analyze and report on variances through monthly budget to actual summaries
- Manage year end close
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal financial reporting requirements
- Exceptional Oral & Written Communication Flexible & Organized
- Strategic Problem Solving Goal Driven
- Self/Management & Confidence Demonstrated Leadership Ability
- 3+ FTE'S
- Typical office environment
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- 35-40 FT Benefits Eligible
- Some travel is expected for this position
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Background Check Required
- Bachelor Degree (B.A or B.S) in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a four-year college
- CPA Preferred
The Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.